Sunday, September 18, 2011

62

So tomorrow is my dad's birthday....he is 62 now (would have been)..... I can't believe that this is his 2nd birthday not here to celebrate with us.  I was cleaning my car out today and I actually found the birthday card I bought for him on his last birthday here, I never gave it to him.  He always loved my cards because I always found the funniest ones that always some how complimented me (hard to believe I know) The funny thing about this card was it was just like the usual ones I always bought, but I didn't even fill this one out.  I didn't think about it being the last card I would give him but I'm not sure why I didn't give it to him. 
Tomorrow he would have played golf and ate steak and drank lots of wine...I'm sure he and John will be doing that tomorrow, heaven probably has the best golf courses ever, and the clubs probably don't get messed up when thrown up there : )

Everyday I think about my dad and his life, everything he did, was and still is.  I couldn't believe out of all the places to get cancer he got it in the most important part of a food lovers body.  My dad loved to eat, and it was killing him not to be able to.  I always joked with him to lighten the situation but inside I was falling apart, I wanted him to be able to eat so badly that it made me sick.  I was so excited because before he left for his surgery my mom and him went to the steakhouse and he actually ate half of a steak, he was so happy! He called me from the parking lot to tell me about it and how he had the other half in a to go box and that was his lunch for the next day.  Funny that something we do everyday can affect you so much when it's taken away.  I'm happy to know that he can eat whatever and when ever he wants. 
Time to go pack lunches for tomorrow....to bad I don't have a shirt that says
TODAY IS MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY
AND HE IS DEAD
SO DON'T PISS ME OFF
OR I WILL PUNCH YOU IN YOUR HEAD : )


Today there will be no ice cream, no cake, no presents or cards to be read
just a silent birthday wishes for my Ronnie Ingram, my Dad
no candles, no party, nothing like before 
 
no camel walk, or wine toasts, the memories have been made
just a teary-eyed birthday wish and a day of celebrating and remembering you
This is still YOUR special day, one we won't forgetSeptember 19th
Happy Birthday to my Dad
 








2 comments: